Sunday, April 29, 2012

April 18th 2010 - Normal Scope

So behind on posting so this is the first post of many coming from me on updates with us. April 18th we went into Nationwide Children's Hospital here in Columbus, Ohio to do a normal scope to make sure that everything else was OK with Austin so we can do his Nissen surgery probably here in June or July. When we went his oxygen level was 94% but not concerning levels and he had a tad bit of a temp. He was coughing a bit more than normal but they said that was fine and proceeded. We found nothing which was amazing. I waited in the waiting room, the doctor came out and said everything was fine and that I'd stay there for a while than go to the recovery room with Austin. 20 minutes later I got told where to go and waited for him in the room. 2 hours had passed and I hadn't heard anything. I was worried and in tears wonder what was going on with my sweet baby boy. He had been gone for more than I thought he would and I worried.

News came to me that they had been trying to take his breathing tube out but his oxygen levels were 85% when he came out of the scope and his fever had broke at 104.5! I was so upset I hadn't been told this before and had been waiting for my sweet baby. So I eventually got to come to see him and he was still on oxygen. We ended up staying at Children's for 5 whole days. Here are some pictures of him in the hospital.

This is Austin before his scope he was so tired by the time it was all done. He was kind of cranky because wasn't allowed to have food.

Here is my little boy on Oxygen. The first one is when he was in the PACU the second is when we went to the GI unit!

                                                 This is Friday when he got off oxygen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment